This episode is about Communications Strategies from an internal perspective. Giving feedback is an important part of any internal communication strategy and as a business owner you need to have a few tools in the tool bag.
This is NOT a one size fits all situation. You need to have different methods of communicating at your disposal. Today we focused on the sandwich method. It’s not right for all situations or for all people. You have to know when to use it, who to use itr with,a nd most importantly, you have to know when NOT to use it. Here are a few tips I found useful about this method:
1. Maintains a positive tone: By sandwiching the criticism between positive comments, you create a more balanced and supportive environment, which can make the feedback easier to accept.
2. Encourages receptiveness: The positive comments at the beginning and end can help the recipient feel more open and receptive to the constructive criticism in the middle.
3. Motivates improvement: By focusing on both strengths and areas for improvement, the sandwich approach can motivate individuals to work on their weaknesses while leveraging their strengths.
1. May dilute the message: Some argue that the sandwich method can dilute the impact of the constructive criticism. The recipient may focus more on the positive comments and not fully grasp the seriousness of the issue being addressed.
2. Can come across as insincere: If the positive comments feel forced or insincere, the recipient may perceive the feedback as disingenuous and may not take it seriously.
3. May create confusion: Sandwiching the criticism between positive comments can sometimes confuse the recipient, as they may not fully understand the seriousness of the issue or the urgency to address it.
Find the method that works for the situation and the team member you are wanting to give feedback to.
Want to work with me? Schedule an appointment with Vicki
Be sure to join our mailing list for updates on all future podcasts shows, trainings and seminars, and additional tools, tips and strategies to help you fine tune your marketing and branding message! JOIN THE MAILING LIST
Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/vicki-morris/message